Shadowhunter by BaB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadowhunter by BaB

Post  BaB on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am

How to play the Shadowhunter by BaB:

Basic:
1.Shadowhunter is only a support hero, like all the other heroes that have a heal-skill (exept Grimreaper, etc).
This means he never stays solo in a line and always pays attention what is going on in the lines and sees automatically who needs
help an who not.
A good Shadowhunter doesn´t need pings on the mini-map, to see that help is needed.
You have to recognize the situation per se and judge the situation if ur help is needed or not.
2.Don´t ever use ur teleport to go to the shop, or to come back from the shop (unless help is needed). Use ur teleport whise! Or
else you wont be able to be there in dangerous situations in time.
3. 2 things a good Shadowhunter doesn´t say: I have cd on my tp (unless you just used it to save a mate), or :
I have no mana!
To avoid to run out of mana i always have a manapot at start.
4. The Sh should always stay back! He is mostly the first target. Never get in stun range, or in silence range.
If you die, it means ur mates can easily die aswell.
5. Sacrifice. Sometimes it is needed to sacrafice urself to rescue ur mates by using ur ulti for example.
Never forget: A Sh can die, but ur team shouldn´t. It doesn´t matter when u die 5 times, for saving ur mates, because a
sh with 0/5 is better then a warden with 0/5 (for example). But ofc u have to see the situation, when it does sense to make a
sacrafice and when not. This depends on the situation.

Items:
1.The best way is to buy Tp-staff and boots at start, instead of an orb. So when its needed in the first minutes, you are able to help a
mate.
2. Orb. If no Coruption- orb is in use, you can buy it, unless you are the only range hero, then you should buy a Ganja-orb.
3. Mana-pot
4. Regarding to the combo you buy the rest items. Should you play vs mass stuns, or ulties, you go for a hp-item and a shield.
If u are able to resist and survive longer, when u get focused, your team has more chance to help you, or to bring themself into a
save place when its needed.
If you dont play vs many stuns, you also can choose another tactic and buy claws, so you are also able to do some damage (but
i think this is only something for advanced players).
5. When u have enough mana and you are level 15 change the mana pot into an antimagic-pot.

Skills:
1. Wards
2. Healwave
3. Healwave
4. Hex
5. Healwave
6. Ulti

My primary Spells i skill is healwave and Ulti till level 2/3. Then i go for wards. In late game you should have your ulti on level 6.
The advantage of a high ulti is, that you dont need to be so close in the fight area, so its difficulter to interrup your Ulti, because they need more time to come closer to you, while your mates are already in security. Ofc you use Am (when no cd) while you are using the ulti. The duration time of higher ulti is ofc important also. In late game usually mass creeps block your way and ur mates need more time to get out of the dangerous situation.
Usually i let my hex on level 1, but when everything has been skilled already and you might play vs an agility hero, i might skill hex higher. Because the aggi hero will run after you and try to kill you, with higher hex, you have better chance to escape.

Tomes:
I buy only big int-books until i have 100 int. Then i go for aggility. Ofc i buy Hp besides too. In the start 1 or 2 big hp-tomes are needed.

Tips:

When i play a serious good game, like a clanwar i use to buy Experience-tomes to get asap level 15 and higher ulti.
This means you are able to buy Antimagic faster and you have a higher ulti, as if u just would try to get level in a normal way.
This can take ages. Time you dont always have in a clanwar, or a good game. And your team has already an advantage.
I try to creep as much it is allow for me in the game. Ofc the others have priority, but when u have the chance to get some creeps, take it. Losing creeps by towers or something, doesn´t help your team either.

Have fun playing! flower

BaB

Last edited by BaB on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
BaB
Shadow Hunter
Shadow Hunter

Back to top Go down

Re: Shadowhunter by BaB

Post  Ace Ventura on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:41 am

gj

however i would like to mention some differences:

Items:
1. boots
2. tp
3. ganja/corruption orb
4. mana pendant
5. hp item
6. mana pot

Skills:
1. Heal
2. Hex
3. Heal
4. Hex
5. Heal
6. Ulti
7. Heal
8. Ulti

Max heal and ulti, hex lvl2 and if its needed for blocking wards

Tomes:
900g int-tomes, when about 80int then 900g hp tomes if avaible, when 130int i also buy 200g hp-tomes if avaible. at start you need alot intelligence to have allways enough mana for your spells, later its gettin g important to have also enough hp to survive if the enemy team focus you.

Sacrifice. Sometimes it is needed to sacrafice urself to rescue ur mates by using ur ulti for example.
Never forget: A Sh can die, but ur team shouldn´t. It doesn´t matter when u die 5 times, for saving ur mates, because a
sh with 0/5 is better then a warden with 0/5 (for example)
i dont fully agree with that. i think every heroes sacrifires himself for agi-hero simply because ago heroes are most important because in lategame they are the strongest of all heroes.
but i wouldnt sacrifire a sh for a strengh or int hero in general, because if keep you sh alive instead sacrifing him he can still heal/support teammates when the enemies keep on pushing!
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

http://www.youtube.com/user/rubi84

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am

Very nice guide, good job Bab. Smile
Could be very useful for new players and less experienced players.

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghinzu on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am

Nice guide. Exactly how I would play it too. Gj BaB : p
Ghinzu
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  BaB on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 am

Ace,
i think u missunderstood, i skill the same way as you wrote it down, just that i later skill ulti higher.
And even one ward helps you to creep, thats why i skill it.
And since u have pots, u dont need to go for int first. you need hp, cause u are the first target.
But everyone plays differently. I just found out for myself that this is the best way for me ofc.
Sacrafice depends on the situation ofc. But i cant mention all situations, that would be to much Smile
You have to see for urselve, when a sacrifice makes sense or not. I should edit it maybe. Thanks for that
i just wanted to share some experience Smile

BaB
Shadow Hunter
Shadow Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 am

Cain wrote:Very nice guide, good job Bab. Smile
Could be very useful for new players and less experienced players.
there is veeeeery few ppl that play SH good as bab
so this guide is useful for all, especially "basic" part

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  L.o.T on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Nice guild, mate
I play sh like this too, so like i said very nice !

Babby ftw ^^
L.o.T
L.o.T
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm surprised everyone of you plays sh with experience tomes, or maybe you missed it. tongue

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BaB on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 pm

^^
BaB
Shadow Hunter
Shadow Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathlord on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Now we all know the secret Bab !!! ty for sharing geek

i often up hex level faster and higher (between 5-10) than u and Ace, hex and heal. Hex higher lvl help u to focus an hero easly and can help for escaping an hard situation . i keep little lvl of ulti except in lategame. asap i up wards level for blocking ennemies. in fact i never up lvl6 of ulti. most of time i use ulti near a mate for saving him , duration is short so that u dont rly need (imo) a high lvl. for pushing or giving more time for running back a higher level is good in lategame (mass creeps is a nightmare for melee heroes --'). i up ulti to 3 and skill +1 ability for making sh harder to kill.

DD

Deathlord
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  KeviN_LifE on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 pm

dont share how you playing sh deathlord you are the worst Sh i've never seen, iam not joking in my post

btw i like it bab^^
KeviN_LifE
Demonhunter
Demonhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah, definitely nice guide! Bab is the most annoying sh to play against as enemy I've ever seen..

Anyways, when I'm unbanned again I wanna play with you in 1 team and you will be my saving angel haha can't wait see that happen.^^

Greetz,

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathlord on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:00 pm

KeviN_LifE wrote:dont share how you playing sh deathlord you are the worst Sh i've never seen, iam not joking in my post

btw i like it bab^^

biggrin try to be objectiv kéké , it sounds like shit , i am not best sh but im sure im not the worst ^^ . and im not the best geek here , think about it if u wanna compare sth jocolor ...

DD
Deathlord
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushfire on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 pm

meh, im still best SH world! weed
Bushfire
Master of the Voodoo
Master of the Voodoo

http://www.seashepherd.org/