comments about newest version

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: comments about newest version

Post  EddieBG on Thu May 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Do you even saw middle line. Its great for ganking. I tried with a terrain exact same like dota, trust me it doesn't work good due the mouse view. Second and the common problem is the triggers converted from GUI to JASS. I don't even know the region variables such as rect01 rect02 etc. what is count for. And i have no freaking idea how the creeps are move-attacking without a region plus their move is weired and also sometimes there is a nasty creep that sit there and doing aboslute nothing unless enemies are near. About items i can think about that. But we all know that hna is based on tomes NOT ITEMS like dota is. That doesn't mean i won't add new items and stuff. I asked several times in hive and even daniel how to fix the creep spawn issue sadly no one even cares. As for abilities. Some abilities need to be replaced, but i untill the bug with the trigger exist i'm hopeless. When this is fixed and when towers near castle are added to the anti-lame trigger the easy part with object can begin. If we make items like DOTA or HvA hna will not be good anymore and it will be just a replica of HvA or DotA.

P.S by the way I'm Not Doing a new map i just updating current. You know keep the legacy of this map. Cool
EddieBG
Alchemist
Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post  PanStyle on Thu May 28, 2015 2:50 pm

EddieBG wrote:Do you even saw middle line. Its great for ganking.

This middle ? (i'm talking about the left part in this picture, of course)
I wasn't even sure you could walk in this water.
Also it's so much high risk to go this way. It's not large enough -> you get stuck. (especially because the game doesn't have good escape mecanism. Only thing is blink from warden or maybe BM illusions).
You're in lowground -> when you get on the other side of the map you see shit (i don't mind this if you make the central area bigger, like you can play and fight there, with some space).
I like the idea tho but i think it needs a rework.

EddieBG wrote:I tried with a terrain exact same like dota
Which was not my point. You could try with a LoL terrain it wouldn't work either.
My point was : those games have great gameplay, why not use some. I don't want a poor man DotA or LoL but a better HnA.
And you can change a terrain a bit more than just a few details here and there.

EddieBG wrote:But we all know that hna is based on tomes NOT ITEMS like dota is.
Maybe the problem is here. There is like 2 builds per hero (if i can call this build) at most. On agi hero you will max agi (maybe get hp tomes). On str you will go full str and a lot of agi if you have a bash. That's it.
Where is the fun, the unexpected in this ? There is none. We all know how which hero will play even before the game starts.
HnA could be about tomes AND items. So you have the liberty to play a stat build with tome or a utility/stats build with items.
I'll just name an exemple, the silence staff :
In HnA : 1600 gold, area of silence of 7 seconds, 180 cd cooldown (iirc).
In DotA2 : 4075 gold, single target silencer for 5 seconds + increase magic damage from 30%, cd 18 seconds. (+ the staff gives you some stats :+25 int, +30 attack speed and +30 damage).
What you could do in HnA2 : 1200 gold staff of silence : silence a single target for 3 seconds, cd is 25 seconds. Add +5 int and + 3 damage to the carrier of the staff.
- > upgradable into cursing staff : 2500 gold, silence a target for 5 seconds, cd is 22 seconds, burns 100 mana and does 100 damage. Add +10 int and +8 damage to the carrier of the staff.

Things like this would rebalance items, bring new ones and gives liberty to people to go for support/carry/whatever items or go for classic stuff + tomes.

EddieBG wrote:If we make items like DOTA or HvA hna will not be good anymore and it will be just a replica of HvA or DotA.
I agree, that's why we have to make our own items and balance them.

EddieBG wrote:I'm Not Doing a new map i just updating current.
Then why do you have issues with JASS triggers and so on ? I throught the current map was bug free.

Last edited by PanStyle on Thu May 28, 2015 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : some typos)
PanStyle
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielPlainview on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:30 am

I'm just curious, when we can play your wonderful superb map, Eddie?

DanielPlainview
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieBG on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Well to be honest every critical bug has ben fixed resently. The only part miss is making trigger abilities. We need to improve current state of heroes to become attractive etc. When they are done map is rdy. But like you said there is no point of it. Hots and other mobas are here now. And hna is so unpopular. I have an idea for a paladin. Replace his ulty resurrection with divine protection replace his divine shield to Blessing of Kings buff that gives bonus stats to alies. But sadly no one will agree and cared anymore. If you wish to help you could always contact me and discuss things that has to be done Smile I have spend the most of the times deleting useless common stuff in object editor and import editor and it was very hard for a noob like me to fix Multiboard trigger(Now Game time is Hours, Minutes and Seconds  Cool  ) and antilaming castle towers that if u destroy them and u have barracks left castle is vulnerable + hero respawn are has ben moved to the fountain area and enemies will no longer get spawn kills  Razz  also fixed random creep stuck near barracks and towers. Suggest spells you like that can be found on hive workshop then maybe map will be playable very soon. However if you like same abilities and replace some like paly/dk ulty etc still can be done. I have an idea why instead of flying bat/griph pay with gold and wood at recruit center then get a golems or other neutral powerful creatures for push. That would be nice

P.S I'm back in business with new lap top Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition with I7 8 cores up to 3.6Ghz and Nvidia GPU up to 4GB. Again please excuse my english!
EddieBG
Alchemist
Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielPlainview on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

EddieBG wrote:If you wish to help you could always contact me and discuss things that has to be done
If I'd like to waste my time, I can find another ways.

I'm trolling, I don't care about it, seriously. Don't be loudmouth, Eddie, it looks poorly.

I'm just going to leave it here:

DanielPlainview
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: