pala (diffent play style)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pala (diffent play style)

Post  borogal on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:10 am

Im gonna propose a really diffrent play style from what have been done already..
Up to you to share my point of view, leave comments if you'd like too

My first point is that pala is a SUPPORT hero. I know a lot of ppl think that all heroes needs creeps. BUt as pala I think this is really wrong. You cant die with pala; or almost cant die.
I will start with items.
NO point in corru imho. Pala can be a great creeper ofc, but he does not need too, you rather let dd creep, or hero that die late game pretty easy such as int. I will always go for frost (mb adjust with light if mass summons late or so)
Pala should not use holy on creep, espcially if there is ud heroes, hero focus when WELL done can be the key of the game specially if ennemies got late games heroes. And as you all know holy is the best dmg on game with coil. HOw ever taking the raider down when none of your mate can do it, is a good thing since raider gives mass exp.
So your mana regen dont need to be really high, keep amulette, 1 or 2 sobi depends on number of ud or rogue.
boots tp ofc, if only one sobi take a glove
Pala is a support hero, so dont stay front, harras hero if there is no risk, keep always heal for your mates.
Chill back ( i know sounds lame) but not point in being focus going b all the time then your team becomes vulnerable.
As you attack if you have more heroes than they do 2vs1 and so on, you should consider using holy as fast as possible if its on ud, so as the enemies tp to help, the cd should be over to heal your mates if its needed. Do not make last hit with holy, if not 100% need, better let enemy alive and save ur mate, than kill him but let your mate die. Remember to use ulti to block unvulnerable suround is awesome.
In defense this is relaly were pala get really intretsing. As single heal hero you have to choose which hero to heal, depends on situtation ofc. Let say your team as an overall good team play and sense of game, they should not be all vulnerable at the same time. You are healer, blocker, tank so try to do anything you can here frost make all his sense, one hit is enough specially in early so the enemy loses contact to your mate.
In both cases attack and defense, try to avoid dr or silence staff, by staying b you make dr job a lot harder, if you block in defense or affense mb use shield.
I think i forgot some but i cant see right now mb i'll add some later.
for the skill point:
heal max
bubble 1
aura max
ulti 1
In LATE game vs skilled player good surounder or mass silence, you might wanna have am pots, also increase bubble to 3 but really not necessary.
All in all, as you might have seen, most of my mates and I are playing pala without creeping with holy, trying to save mates rather than kill.
My last advice would be not to use tp to go back to base or to go from base to the field if no urgency.
Keep tp for when its needed only!! If you have cd say it right away, dont wait till your mate is dead and probably the one that helped him, always when ever you have cd and you see they will need you in other line start walking, even if you think its late, you never know how your mates are gonna be able to block/help/heal. Pala should always keep an eye on mini map, as healer he should also keep calling every single move of enemies hero, like miss top dl up, and so on (also all the team should be doing it but him mostly)But ofc saying it is not enough if you say all up and stay down your are not helping much tongue Its not possible to focus on creeping and on all heroes move at the same time.
ALright i think im done leave comments ill do other heroes soon

borogal
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Re: pala (diffent play style)

Post  Cain on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 am

Gj nice guide. Smile Indeed it's important not to use tp unnecessary like tp'ing to base to get mana and back etc. Save it for when your allies in the other lane is in danger.
One of the most important heroes for a guide, in my eyes a lot of people play pala "wrong".

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fujara on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Very good guide, says how to really play as support. Only thing i disagree with, is level 10 aura. Level 7 = 10 armour, level 10 = 14 armour, i think 3 skillpoints are not worth to get +4 armour at level 20-22 as everyone has quite a lot of armour with your +10 aura (in short, imo using 3 skillpoints for 1%, maybe 2% damage reduction isnt worth it). You can use the skillpoints to level up shield a bit higher when you are having trouble with surviving, or just put them to stats (although +6 stats to all isnt really that much, but it's up to you what to choose).
Fujara
Rifleman
Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:13 pm

My first point is that pala is a SUPPORT hero
i first read this
My first point is that pala is a STUPID hero

anyway, nice guide, its truly way to play it to full efective
i just wanna add, not only to pala play, but for all healers play
DONT SAY : I DIDNT HAD MANA
buy zilion sobis and trilion mana potions if needed Smile

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bes on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 pm

LeCLerc wrote:DONT SAY : I DIDNT HAD MANA

say i had cooldown but never,never, never and never

LeCLerc wrote: I DIDNT HAD MANA

cheers!
Bes
HnA forum Sheriff
HnA forum Sheriff

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 am

Great guide, but i think whether or not you creep with holy light should depend upon your allies more than anything. I think that if your team is skilled and does not need healing very often then its definately not a bad thing to take down some creeps with light, you can be very imba at the end this way. I always use light to creep if i feel my allies are safe, but i will never use it if i can see an ally is in potential danger, even if they have max hp. About focusing heroes with light, i think depends on the hero, i would not, for instance focus dk or cl with light, unless they were low hp or being focused by stunners, since you then might not have cooldown for healing an ally. But still, really nice description of pala strategy.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 am

If you are with a skilled team it's even more important to not creep, you will have someone else in your lane that will do the creeping.
And if you're fighting against for example dr or warden, holy light is better used to force them to go back in the early game.

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Cain wrote:If you are with a skilled team it's even more important to not creep, you will have someone else in your lane that will do the creeping.
And if you're fighting against for example dr or warden, holy light is better used to force them to go back in the early game.
y, its not point who have most creep in team, its who play best TEAM game
i dont wanna say that creeping for pala is forbidden, but not important (like like for warden) to play it "right"

anyway, i looking forward to play in team with borogal playing pala Smile

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Cain wrote:If you are with a skilled team it's even more important to not creep, you will have someone else in your lane that will do the creeping.

I see your point, but assuming there are no weak undead heroes on the opposing team, i suppose you would need your allies to trust you and take few more risks than normal so you didn't waste all your healing mana.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_RaGe on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 am

You can pala also play with aura low and ulti lvl 6.

If you use it good you will always surround an enemy and do at least 1 kill.
Dark_RaGe
Rifleman
Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum