laming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

laming

Post  motion_man on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 pm

ok, since there has been some games in which i witnessed some ppl "lame"...
id like to draw a line between lame and normal barrack focus.

lame - an tactic, ability or anything that system allows u to use with little effort / risk, to severely cripple ur enemy
those would count blademaster mirror images (its really hard sometimes to see which one is real + bm can walk through crowd so its hard to catch him), warden with blink (this one is more easily countered imo, tho its still pain in the anus), pala / dk ulti (obivously u cant defend against it). another obvious one is aco rape - warden laming in ladder games (blink, fok, hide, fok > acos dead, blink out), u cant really stop it from happening, she will kill ur acos
what all these heroes have in common, is that they have ability to deal great damage and get away with it, with little to none effort. they can single-handedly bring the barrack down even if ur defending it.

now, imagine theres no hero with ability to lame in the game.
u kill 5 of ur opponents, ur not allowed to kill barracks cos theres few creeps around? if u attack it, will they say u lame?
no, u dont lame. if u outplayed enemy team, u dont need their permission to attack the barrack.
its stupid to say that your archdruid lames. he doesnt lame, he cant, he doesnt have the abillities to do so. if u stun him or focus him, he wont be able to "lame", he has to move back (unlike warden/bm that can tank until red hp then just troll away).
if the game came to the point that your archdruid is able to "lame" (srsly...), obviously enemy team played worse, had worse hero composition and/or need better teamplay. so calling out for laming if 5 of their heroes are dead or some tinker or idk what hero is barrack focusing, is a complete bullshit.

there was sth else i wanted to write, but i was interrupted with facebook... guess ill write it later if i ever remember it...
motion_man
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Re: laming

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:48 pm

hehe, i used to be very serious into the whole not-laming thing ^^ but reccently, it doesn't really bother me to much. I think the latest versions have actually become so balanced thats its quite hard to focus out a barracks without killing 2 or 3 heroes. I've seen bms and wardens try quite a lot of times and just get their asses handed to them.

The problem it seems to me though, is that we do need a few anti-laming rules because it does suck on the few times it happens unfairly, and its hard to say anti-laming rules that work, without making them really strict.

I think we need an update on them for sure, because as you point out, maybe we should start making some exceptions in reasonable cases and in my opinion there are much bigger lames which are still allowed such as the fucking pala shield bug. This should either be removed through triggers or made a lame in my opinion.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Often I see players do lame action and they answer "this is public game not cw or league". So it is allowed for example focus last towers or barracks with units alive? What an admin has to do in such case?
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:11 pm

To me an admin can't really do anything about it, it's a public game where people can do what they want.
You could try telling the people that they should stop because it's lame, some people don't know and others don't care i guess.

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:41 am

Indeed, theres no written rule about laming, just an unwritten code of honour. Not much can be done except take silence, lighting orb and shackles and pwn their ass!

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  borogal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 am

I kinda agree with motion, but in pub most of the time (im not sure but i would assume) most fo the game end with a 4vs5 or smthg like this, in this case i think not going for the creep first when you got more player in your team is pretty lame imho. Just like having 4vs4 up and one solo down pushing just cuz they have one more, this is so anoying i hvae to say that i need to keep my self from kicking those guys Sad also in those cases i might flame.. And usually all you get from those guys is a "gg" srsly...

borogal
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 am

Ok thx for the advice Smile
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  motion_man on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 am

borogal wrote:I kinda agree with motion, but in pub most of the time (im not sure but i would assume) most fo the game end with a 4vs5 or smthg like this, in this case i think not going for the creep first when you got more player in your team is pretty lame imho. Just like having 4vs4 up and one solo down pushing just cuz they have one more, this is so anoying i hvae to say that i need to keep my self from kicking those guys Sad also in those cases i might flame.. And usually all you get from those guys is a "gg" srsly...
yes, thats a bit different if its 4vs5, but still, its the team's choice if they want to play with -1 player if they think they can handle it. if not, its their problem, not urs
@jp
if theres no "imbaness" involved, we have right to kill ur barrack if we can... better play is too often substituted with laming
srsly, every game is 2hr long, mostly because of so called "laming". we were looking for a way to shorten a game but its kinda hard to do that if we cant kill the barracks. long time ago, i said blink cd should be 5 sec at least on lvl 10 (when it was 1-2 sec or so) now after gradually increasing it, its 4,5 sec. mirror images are still too strong...
motion_man
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathlord on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 pm

[quote="motion_man"]
borogal wrote: mirror images are still too strong...

yep mirror images hard to kill in late game ..
Deathlord
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum